I am diabetic and I was looking for something new to do with sweet potatoes. Found this and made it. I used a storebought roasted chicken. Husband and I loved it. Very filling.
Sweet Potato-Turkey Hash
Hash is a flexible and easy way to transform leftover cooked meat into a distinctively different dish. This version brings together healthy sweet potatoes, apples and onions along with lean turkey or chicken.
7 Reviews for Sweet Potato-Turkey Hash
Made this for a Christmas brunch get-together and it went over really well! Next time I would dice everything smaller (I think I cut everything too big), I think it would hold together better that way. The flavors were wonderful and it was such a satisfying portion. I only wish it would have browned up more, I jacked the heat way up and left it in the pan for what seemed like forever and it just wouldn't cooperate - any suggestions?
We really love this recipe. It's delicious and healthy and something different when we're in a dinner rut. We use chicken because it's easier to buy chicken breasts at the store, but it would probably be even better with turkey. My only complaint is that my husband and I can NOT get this to "brown" at all no matter what we do to it. We've tried more oil, higher temperature, using a cast-iron pan... it just doesn't happen the way it says in the recipe. We've made it 5-6 times and no luck. I really wish it would work because it sounds like it would be fantastic, but I'm not sure it's actually possible despite the photo of crispy browned hash above.
My boyfriend and i enjoyed this. I would recommend seasoning your meat before cooking with salt or seasoning salt.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)