I am diabetic and I was looking for something new to do with sweet potatoes. Found this and made it. I used a storebought roasted chicken. Husband and I loved it. Very filling.
Sweet Potato-Turkey Hash
Hash is a flexible and easy way to transform leftover cooked meat into a distinctively different dish. This version brings together healthy sweet potatoes, apples and onions along with lean turkey or chicken.
7 Reviews for Sweet Potato-Turkey Hash
Made this for a Christmas brunch get-together and it went over really well! Next time I would dice everything smaller (I think I cut everything too big), I think it would hold together better that way. The flavors were wonderful and it was such a satisfying portion. I only wish it would have browned up more, I jacked the heat way up and left it in the pan for what seemed like forever and it just wouldn't cooperate - any suggestions?
We really love this recipe. It's delicious and healthy and something different when we're in a dinner rut. We use chicken because it's easier to buy chicken breasts at the store, but it would probably be even better with turkey. My only complaint is that my husband and I can NOT get this to "brown" at all no matter what we do to it. We've tried more oil, higher temperature, using a cast-iron pan... it just doesn't happen the way it says in the recipe. We've made it 5-6 times and no luck. I really wish it would work because it sounds like it would be fantastic, but I'm not sure it's actually possible despite the photo of crispy browned hash above.
My boyfriend and i enjoyed this. I would recommend seasoning your meat before cooking with salt or seasoning salt.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)