Very good, and easy. My husband and I loved this recipe. The only changes I made was to leave out the corn, simply because I didn't have any, and I cooked some eggs on top because that is how I like my hash. Can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow!
Sweet Potato, Corn & Black Bean Hash
From EatingWell: March 1998
Quick and easy hashes are fabulous one-pot meals for those nights when getting dinner on the table fast is a priority.
16 Reviews for Sweet Potato, Corn & Black Bean Hash
I loved this recipe, easy to make, quick dish clean up. My husband was not crazy about it at all though. Try halfing the cumin, add more jalapeno or don't seed the pepper, add a little chili powder too.
Really loved this dish. It contained some of our fave flavors and was hearty enough to fill us up. It's great with some mashed avocado (a small squeeze of lime juice will keep the avocado fresh and green). As others have noted, make sure you have plenty of cumin in the pantry!
I was doubling this recipe and ran out of cumin at 6 teaspoons! Partially cooked the potatoes in bowl with water; the skins pulled off easily. Used olive oil instead of canola. Took dish to a potluck and people asked for the recipe. Have to make it again since they did not leave me any left overs.
this has become a go to dinner for me, it's very easy and doesn't dirty up every pan in my kitchen. i add a little ground chipotle with the cumin and i cook the potatoes in the microwave for a minute or two before sauteing in the oil because i prefer them a little on the softer side. i serve it over lettuce and some chopped tomato, sort of like a southwestern salad. it's delicious!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)