I was looking for a sweet potato casserole that wasn't loaded with butter, brown sugar, marshmallows... This recipe was fabulous. I made it for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a huge hit - even for my father who despises all things sweet potato. My parents even requested the recipe. It also kept great for leftovers.
Sweet Potato Casserole
This scrumptious sweet potato casserole gets fabulous flavor from honey and freshly grated orange zest rather than the traditional stick of butter. To complete the healthy makeover we sprinkle a crunchy pecan streusel spiked with orange juice concentrate over the top. You can save the marshmallows for s'mores.
29 Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole
I love sweet potato casseroles, but this one I adore. I was delighted I could make it 2 days early and the topping was crunchy at serving time.
I wanted to really love this. It looked incredible. However, the orange flavor was overwhelming and ruined the dish in my opinion. I would make again minus the orange. I would leave it out altogether.
I have made this casserole for several years now and it is always a hit. I use yams instead of sweet potatoes and I bake them instead of boiling, they are much sweeter that way. Friends are always asking for the recipe... awsome!!!!!
I made this for Thanksgiving this year and probably wouldn't do it again. To be fair- I doubled the recipe so perhaps I should have cut back on the orange zest? The final product looked delicious and I did receive complements but I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to my sweet potatoes and the orange way over powered the potatoes. LOVED the topping.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)