Sweet Potato & Cabbage Slaw
From EatingWell: December 2005/January 2006
Sweet potatoes can be eaten raw as well as cooked. Here they star in a sprightly slaw, a quick and light accompaniment for simple poached or steamed fish.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely grated peeled sweet potato, (about 1 large)
- 3 cups thinly shredded napa, or Savoy cabbage
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced serrano, or jalapeno pepper with seeds (optional)
- Whisk canola oil, lime juice, sesame oil and salt in a large bowl. Add sweet potato, cabbage, scallions and serrano (or jalapeno), if using; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate dressing and slaw separately for up to 1 day; toss together just before serving.
Per serving: 82 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 212 mg sodium; 104 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (70% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1.5 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2005/January 2006