I make this frequently & it has been a hit for the teacher's lounge. I usually put more sweet potatoes in, and top it with avocado chunks which are a nice compliment to the heat. Depending on the ingredients you use, this can be gluten-free and vegan which is great when feeding a crowd. No one can resist a 2nd or 3rd bowl! :)
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Make a double batch of this quick vegetarian chili, full of black beans and sweet potatoes, and eat it for lunch the next day or freeze the extras for another night. We love the smoky heat from the ground chipotle, but omit it if you prefer a mild chili. Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread and coleslaw.
56 Reviews for Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
Tryied to Followed recipie, except couldn't find Ground chipolte, so used a canned chipolte in adobo sauce. Super spicy, but thought it needed a little sweet, so I added 1/2 cup ketchup. Might sound gross, but it turned out just right, sweet and spicy! Oh, left out the salt as well.
I nuked the sweet potatoes to speed things up; 6-8 minutes. I subbed broth for water. Added 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/3 c brown sugar, 4-oz green chilis. More cumin, less chili powder.
Love Love this dish with make it again and again
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)