This was a quick, easy and healthy alternative to chili con carne and did I mention tasty too.. Definitely a keeper
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Make a double batch of this quick vegetarian chili, full of black beans and sweet potatoes, and eat it for lunch the next day or freeze the extras for another night. We love the smoky heat from the ground chipotle, but omit it if you prefer a mild chili. Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread and coleslaw.
56 Reviews for Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
This was wonderful! The lime juice gives it a special something that helps make this a stand out dish! Great left over on spaghetti squash! Definitely going into the routine at my house!
Followed recipe and then added a 1/2 can garbanzo beans and a little frozen chopped spinach to bump up texture. Definitely better the next day after flavors have mellowed. I can see how someone would find it too hot if they made and ate in the same day. Chipotle flavor adds a lot of dimension.
I served with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro and a tsp of sour cream.
this would be 8 points according to the WW points calculator
This was a great recipe. Most people I mention it to say HUH? hahaa... It just peaked my interest and Im so glad I tried it. I did not use the chipolte as I like things a little more mild, so I just add a little pepper into each bowl. I also was using frozen tomatoes, so I added two baggies and really like it with a lot of tomatoes. Overall a great healthy dish and something fun to try. Easy & freezable.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)