Sweet Pea Mash
From EatingWell: February/March 2006
Brighten up your plate with this brilliant-green puree. Serve with roasted jumbo shrimp or garlic-rubbed lamb chops.
- 3 1/3 cups frozen peas, (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup minced scallion greens, or chives
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat peas, water and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the peas are heated through, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor; pulse with sour cream and pepper until a chunky puree forms. Pulse in scallion greens (or chives) and bacon.
Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 7 g fiber; 320 mg sodium; 214 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Folate (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1.5 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- February/March 2006
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)