Sweet-and-Sour Fish Mini Smørrebrød (Smørrebrød med Stegte Fisk i Eddike)
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Sweet-and-sour fish and cherry tomatoes top thinly sliced rye bread in this delicious appetizer. Smørrebrød—which translates in Danish to "buttered bread"—are endlessly creative open-face sandwiches, meant to be eaten with a knife and fork as a light meal. Here we make appetizer-size smørrebrød, perfect for entertaining.
- 4 teaspoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 slices cocktail-size thin rye or pumpernickel bread
- Sweet-and-Sour Fish, (recipe follows)
- 1 cup thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- Combine butter and oil in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least 1 hour. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the butter-oil spread on each slice of bread. Top each piece with a bite-size piece of Sweet-and-Sour Fish, some of the pickled onions and a couple slices of cherry tomato.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Per 2 pieces: 211 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 32 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 12 g protein; 3 g fiber; 238 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Low carbohydrate
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- May/June 2008