From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This slightly tart fruity Bellini recipe will zing you awake. It’s the prettiest color imaginable and it makes a brunch instantly fun! You can serve the Bellinis in champagne flutes or in simple Mason jars—be creative!
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (1/4 inch)
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (from 6-7 tangerines) or orange-tangerine juice
- 6 ice cubes
- Honey to taste (optional)
- 2 bottles (750-mL) Champagne or sparkling wine
- Puree papaya, pineapple, raspberries, lime zest, mint and ginger in a blender until completely smooth. Add juice and ice and blend until the ice is crushed. If the mixture is too tart for your taste, add 1 tablespoon honey at a time, blending after each addition, until it’s as sweet as you like. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- To serve, stir the Bellini mixture and divide among 8 glasses. Very slowly top each drink with wine. Gently stir, if necessary. (You’ll have about two-thirds of a bottle remaining; top off drinks as desired.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 142 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 212 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- May/June 2013