From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This slightly tart fruity Bellini recipe will zing you awake. It’s the prettiest color imaginable and it makes a brunch instantly fun! You can serve the Bellinis in champagne flutes or in simple Mason jars—be creative!
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (1/4 inch)
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (from 6-7 tangerines) or orange-tangerine juice
- 6 ice cubes
- Honey to taste (optional)
- 2 bottles (750-mL) Champagne or sparkling wine
- Puree papaya, pineapple, raspberries, lime zest, mint and ginger in a blender until completely smooth. Add juice and ice and blend until the ice is crushed. If the mixture is too tart for your taste, add 1 tablespoon honey at a time, blending after each addition, until it’s as sweet as you like. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- To serve, stir the Bellini mixture and divide among 8 glasses. Very slowly top each drink with wine. Gently stir, if necessary. (You’ll have about two-thirds of a bottle remaining; top off drinks as desired.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 142 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 212 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- May/June 2013