From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This slightly tart fruity Bellini recipe will zing you awake. It’s the prettiest color imaginable and it makes a brunch instantly fun! You can serve the Bellinis in champagne flutes or in simple Mason jars—be creative!
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (1/4 inch)
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (from 6-7 tangerines) or orange-tangerine juice
- 6 ice cubes
- Honey to taste (optional)
- 2 bottles (750-mL) Champagne or sparkling wine
- Puree papaya, pineapple, raspberries, lime zest, mint and ginger in a blender until completely smooth. Add juice and ice and blend until the ice is crushed. If the mixture is too tart for your taste, add 1 tablespoon honey at a time, blending after each addition, until it’s as sweet as you like. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- To serve, stir the Bellini mixture and divide among 8 glasses. Very slowly top each drink with wine. Gently stir, if necessary. (You’ll have about two-thirds of a bottle remaining; top off drinks as desired.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 142 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 212 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- May/June 2013