From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This slightly tart fruity Bellini recipe will zing you awake. It’s the prettiest color imaginable and it makes a brunch instantly fun! You can serve the Bellinis in champagne flutes or in simple Mason jars—be creative!
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (1/4 inch)
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (from 6-7 tangerines) or orange-tangerine juice
- 6 ice cubes
- Honey to taste (optional)
- 2 bottles (750-mL) Champagne or sparkling wine
- Puree papaya, pineapple, raspberries, lime zest, mint and ginger in a blender until completely smooth. Add juice and ice and blend until the ice is crushed. If the mixture is too tart for your taste, add 1 tablespoon honey at a time, blending after each addition, until it’s as sweet as you like. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- To serve, stir the Bellini mixture and divide among 8 glasses. Very slowly top each drink with wine. Gently stir, if necessary. (You’ll have about two-thirds of a bottle remaining; top off drinks as desired.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Per serving: 142 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 212 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- May/June 2013