This is a deceptively delicious dish - where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Serve with good, crusty bread for sopping up the juices. Recipe for 4 provided dinner for 2 - with bread and fruit on the side. Will definitely be making this often during fresh bean season!
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
In this lovely vegetarian green bean salad recipe, eggs are baked over a bed of saucy beans in ovenproof bowls or ramekins. (The runny yolk mingles deliciously with the melted butter.) The dish uses a combination of green beans in the pod plus a cup of the beans shelled out—known as “shelly beans”—or baby lima beans or crowder peas. Crowder peas are any variety of field pea, such as a black-eyed pea.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)