Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
This simple tapenade makes a nice topping for crostini or spread for a turkey-arugula sandwich.
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, (not packed in oil)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let steep until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid. Finely chop the tomatoes and return to the bowl.
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife until it forms a paste. Add to the tomatoes, along with basil, oil and reserved steeping liquid. Mix well.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 26 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1997
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)