Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: September/October 1994
Sun-dried tomatoes, basil and tangy capers make a fresh-tasting topping for baked potatoes. Make it a meal: Serve with cups of Creamy Artichoke-Spinach Soup.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.)
- Pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Let soak for 5 to 10 minutes to soften, then drain and cut into thin slivers.
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, capers, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the baked potatoes.
Per serving: 201 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 158 mg sodium; 942 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (27% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Grapefruit can add a healthy and refreshing flavor to entrees...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1994