I did the same as theemrickszoo except no eggplant. I skipped the starch as I am diabetic and had a small grilled organic lamb steak with it. This dish is so easy to modify it should make anyone happy. I did do a high heat saute' instead of the steam, you get more texture and flavor with the saute'.
Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Bountiful summer vegetables—zucchini, summer squash, fresh tomatoes—are quickly sautéed with protein-rich white beans and topped with Parmesan for a hearty dish. This sauté is endlessly versatile and works well with eggplant, peppers or corn. Serve with: Brown rice or bulgur.
22 Reviews for Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté
We really don't like soft zucchini and summer squash. I sauteed these until they started to brown a bit, and this dish was perfect for us. Served over a Lundberg rice mix. It was delicious.
Very nice as I had all the ingredients on hand.
Very quick and a good healthy recipe. I decided to go with the full Tablespoon Oregeno and was glad I did. Didn't find it overpowering; on the contrary I would think it a bit bland otherwise. Served over brown rice and made for a great meal. Reheated well the next day.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)