Sugar Snap Salad
Sweet, edible-podded peas make a bright, crisp and colorful salad, which is easily varied by substituting shallots for scallions or adding asparagus to the mix.
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, (8 ounces), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch-long slivers
- Cook peas in lightly salted boiling water in a medium saucepan until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add scallions, bell pepper and the peas; toss to coat. Serve within 1 hour.
Per serving: 104 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 147 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (80% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 11/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)