Sugar Snap Pea & Shrimp Curry
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
This dish is best done at the last minute so the snap peas keep their crisp texture. The pink of the shrimp and the green peas make it as pretty as it is tasty.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until the shrimp have cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Per serving: 305 calories; 13 g fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono); 252 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 4 g fiber; 610 mg sodium; 301 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- May/June 2007