Sugar Snap Pea & Shrimp Curry
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
This dish is best done at the last minute so the snap peas keep their crisp texture. The pink of the shrimp and the green peas make it as pretty as it is tasty.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until the shrimp have cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Per serving: 305 calories; 13 g fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono); 252 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 4 g fiber; 610 mg sodium; 301 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- May/June 2007