Sugar Snap Pea & Shrimp Curry
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
This dish is best done at the last minute so the snap peas keep their crisp texture. The pink of the shrimp and the green peas make it as pretty as it is tasty.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until the shrimp have cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Per serving: 305 calories; 13 g fat (4 g sat, 5 g mono); 252 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 4 g fiber; 610 mg sodium; 301 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2007