Excellent salad, I toasted the barley in the oven first, then cooked it in the water, I added fresh dill also. It was a huge hit!
Sugar Snap Pea & Barley Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
You get two sides in one with this dish—whole-grain barley along with crisp matchsticks of vitamin- and fiber-rich snap peas. Serve with roasted or grilled salmon or chicken.
3 Reviews for Sugar Snap Pea & Barley Salad
I doubled the lemon, and added 1/4 c fresh chopped basil. also increased the purple onion to 1/2 onion. i like the barley in this - excellent contrast to the peas.
I made it exact to the measurement and it came out quite well. It is fluffy, and hearty at the same time. I am looking out for other crunchy options to replace sugar snap peas, just to make this with whatever veggies I have got in my fridge.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)