I was kinda excited for this one, not gonna lie! If I made it again i would totally "Frankenstein" it a bit more. It has some interesting techniques I can't say I've used that much and appreciated the reminder of them (like flouring the chicken, using flour to thicken the stock, the bread chunks on top). I guess I had too much invested in the "tastes like Thanksgiving in a pan" review. Or maybe my idea of Thanksgiving is different, and that's okay. Also I just had this with corn and it left me hungry after... and for the calorie amount I find that odd. Anyways, try it out if you want! I see myself using the bread-on-top idea in the future, that was cool.
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
Here's a one-skillet version of chicken and stuffing made with wholesome ingredients. We use chicken thighs because we love the rich flavor of dark meat, but boneless, skinless breast works too. Serve with Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)