This was tasty, healthy and super easy to make! Great when you're having guests over.
Stuffed Tomatoes with Golden Crumb Topping
From EatingWell: August/September 2005
Stuffed tomatoes are classic comfort food. Serve with a mixed green salad studded with garden-fresh vegetables. For vegetarians, omit the beef or turkey.
4 Reviews for Stuffed Tomatoes with Golden Crumb Topping
I love this recipe filling, but I use it to stuff portobello mushroom caps though, because I did not find the stuffed tomato hearty enough. I keep everything the same except I use 1 tomato instead of 4 and I saute my onion with the ground turkey. I also add some hot red pepper flakes to the stuffing for a little zing. My mother and I love it.
Tthis was okay, it tasted like it was missing something... i think adding a little more of the tomato to the beef/rice mixture would've made it taste heartier, maybe even mixing in canned diced tomatoes or tomato sauce. i also think the peas were random, i would omit the peas and probably add mushrooms instead. i also think you should saute the onions (i used white) with the beef instead and maybe add a little more beef too. and 1 cup of breadcrumbs was too much topping; i suggest adding half a cup to the beef/rice mixture and then half a cup to the top. i also added a little italian seasoning in my breadcrumbs for flavor. all in all, not horrible, but definitely needs some altering!!!
Britt, Dallas, TX
This is one of my favorites. I usually have extra filling, which I freeze and use as stuffing for zucchini, eggplant, or peppers - perfect quick weeknight meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)