Olive & Goat Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This olive-and-goat-cheese-stuffed cherry tomato recipe makes a great pop-in-your-mouth appetizer. Scooping out the insides to stuff the tomato can be a little tricky without the right tool—a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon works very well for the job.
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Slice about 1/4 inch off the top of each tomato. If necessary, trim a sliver off the bottom so the tomato sits flat. Gently scoop out the seeds with a small spoon or the tip of a small knife.
- Mash goat cheese, olives, milk and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Fill each hollowed tomato with a generous 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with oregano and more pepper, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare and hold at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Per piece: 14 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 43 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013