Olive & Goat Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This olive-and-goat-cheese-stuffed cherry tomato recipe makes a great pop-in-your-mouth appetizer. Scooping out the insides to stuff the tomato can be a little tricky without the right tool—a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon works very well for the job.
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Slice about 1/4 inch off the top of each tomato. If necessary, trim a sliver off the bottom so the tomato sits flat. Gently scoop out the seeds with a small spoon or the tip of a small knife.
- Mash goat cheese, olives, milk and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Fill each hollowed tomato with a generous 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with oregano and more pepper, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare and hold at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Per piece: 14 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 43 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 2013