Olive & Goat Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This olive-and-goat-cheese-stuffed cherry tomato recipe makes a great pop-in-your-mouth appetizer. Scooping out the insides to stuff the tomato can be a little tricky without the right tool—a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon works very well for the job.
- 24 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Slice about 1/4 inch off the top of each tomato. If necessary, trim a sliver off the bottom so the tomato sits flat. Gently scoop out the seeds with a small spoon or the tip of a small knife.
- Mash goat cheese, olives, milk and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Fill each hollowed tomato with a generous 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with oregano and more pepper, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare and hold at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Per piece: 14 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 43 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 2013