I didn't use bay leaves nor sugar instead added cayenne pepper and cheese on the top last 5minutes of baking+baking time in this recipe is too long ..but in the end it had amazing taste if you like me love garlic ..
Baked Stuffed Eggplant
From EatingWell: September/October 2011
These stuffed eggplants are filled with peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes. Serve along with olives, hummus, warm pita and tabbouleh for a fantastic vegetarian feast.
3 Reviews for Baked Stuffed Eggplant
As mentioned above, the flavor was great -- although I don't think a bay leaf can add anything to a dish during a 3-minute sauté -- and the final product was pretty and colorful. The texture, however, was mushy, seedy, and unappealing. If I ever make it again, I'll scoop the seeds and strings out before I roast the eggplant and probably add some small white beans to the sauté to make the dish a little more filling.
I really enjoyed this dish. The roasted eggplant was creamy and a great vehicle to hold fresh veggies. I'll be using this method with other toppings.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)