I ended up adding zucchini and squash to the sauce, came out great. Also did not have kitchen string, used dental floss instead - worked like a charm.
Stuffed Chicken Thighs Braised in Tomato Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Spinach-Parmesan stuffing provides great flavor in boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Try it with the optional chicken livers in the stuffing for an extra-rich treat. And don’t worry, even though when stuffed it looks like the filling will ooze out, it doesn’t. The egg in the stuffing acts as a binder to keep everything in place. The recipe makes plenty of sauce, so be sure to cook up some pasta or make mashed potatoes to serve alongside the saucy chicken.
3 Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Thighs Braised in Tomato Sauce
De-boning the thigh was a challenge, no "pocket" to put the stuffing in. The solution is to flatten the thigh somewhat, making it the same thickness all around (not pounding). Then put the stuffing on, leaving a bit on the sides, roll and tie.
I prefer dark meat, and this allowed me to enjoy it in a very delicious way. A little more time, but still able to put the meal on in a timely manner.
Yum! Yum! Yum! This is a wonderful recipe! Simple and delicious.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)