From EatingWell: Spring 2003
Macerating sliced strawberries in a little sugar creates a flavorful fruity syrup that soaks deliciously into the waffles.
- 1 cup Vanilla Cream, (recipe follows)
- 4 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Make Vanilla Cream.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature until strawberries start to give off juice, 20 to 30 minutes. Top each serving of waffles (or pancakes) with strawberries and a dollop of Vanilla Cream.
Per serving: 91 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 132 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Spring 2003
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)