I cheated and bought a frozen crust (i've never been able to master my own crust). i bought a two pack and used the second one to cut up the lattices. Easy-peasy. My partner kept beggin me to make more all summer long-- i gently reminded him that strawberries and rhubarbs are only in season in early summer!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Rhubarb and strawberries go hand in hand, and what better way to honor the combination than in this classic summer pie. The lattice top looks fancy but the technique is super-easy to master.
2 Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
I make it a couple of times every summer and it's beyond delicious. I was intimidated by the lattice-crust, but I found it was MUCH easier than I expected. Love it!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)