From EatingWell: Spring 2004
Try this filling in crepes or as a sauce for pancakes or French toast.
- 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups diced rhubarb, (1 pound)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix 2 tablespoons orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, dried apricots, sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring often, until the rhubarb is tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
Per serving: 92 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 288 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Spring 2004