I love these bars! I made them with raspberry instead of rhubarb, because I couldn't find rhubarb. I also added a little more almond extract (on accident), and it made it taste like marzipan (which I love). The one piece of advice I can give is make to make the edge of the tart high and don't completely fill it up, because it overflows very easily and although it goes back own when it come out of the oven its very hard to get out/clean when it cools down.
Strawberry-Rhubarb Fruit Bars
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Strawberry and rhubarb are a classic combination—try them in these easy-to-make fruit bars.
3 Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Fruit Bars
I made these yesterday and we all love them. I used frozen fruit and didn't thaw/drain before heating so I ended up with a ton of filling and only used some. I had a pint leftover (great on oatmeal). I also made a bit more of the crumb for topping. They were AMAZING! My husband said "better than any cobbler you've ever made".
Just took mine out of the oven. They look delicious! I did tweek the recipe a bit to suit my kids. I used all whole wheat flour. I also added all the walnuts to the food processor...just so my kids will eat them and not have any idea...lol
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)