Strawberry Chile Martini
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This beautiful strawberry martini cocktail recipe is an irresistible combination of sweet and spicy. Strawberries vary in sweetness and jalapeño chiles vary in heat, so once you’ve made this cocktail, take a sip and adjust to your taste.
- 6 ripe strawberries, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices fresh jalapeño, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 ounces vodka, gin or tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Using a “muddling” stick or small wooden spoon, mash strawberries, jalapeño and lime in a cocktail shaker until the berries are broken down. Add liquor, Grand Marnier and agave (or simple syrup). Fill the shaker with ice; shake well. Taste and add more jalapeño and/or agave, if desired. Strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a strawberry and a jalapeño slice.
Per serving: 193 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- May/June 2013