Strawberry Chile Martini
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This beautiful strawberry martini cocktail recipe is an irresistible combination of sweet and spicy. Strawberries vary in sweetness and jalapeño chiles vary in heat, so once you’ve made this cocktail, take a sip and adjust to your taste.
- 6 ripe strawberries, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices fresh jalapeño, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 ounces vodka, gin or tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Using a “muddling” stick or small wooden spoon, mash strawberries, jalapeño and lime in a cocktail shaker until the berries are broken down. Add liquor, Grand Marnier and agave (or simple syrup). Fill the shaker with ice; shake well. Taste and add more jalapeño and/or agave, if desired. Strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a strawberry and a jalapeño slice.
Per serving: 193 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2013