Strawberry Chile Martini
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This beautiful strawberry martini cocktail recipe is an irresistible combination of sweet and spicy. Strawberries vary in sweetness and jalapeño chiles vary in heat, so once you’ve made this cocktail, take a sip and adjust to your taste.
- 6 ripe strawberries, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices fresh jalapeño, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 ounces vodka, gin or tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Using a “muddling” stick or small wooden spoon, mash strawberries, jalapeño and lime in a cocktail shaker until the berries are broken down. Add liquor, Grand Marnier and agave (or simple syrup). Fill the shaker with ice; shake well. Taste and add more jalapeño and/or agave, if desired. Strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a strawberry and a jalapeño slice.
Per serving: 193 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2013