Strawberry Chile Martini
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This beautiful strawberry martini cocktail recipe is an irresistible combination of sweet and spicy. Strawberries vary in sweetness and jalapeño chiles vary in heat, so once you’ve made this cocktail, take a sip and adjust to your taste.
- 6 ripe strawberries, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices fresh jalapeño, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 ounces vodka, gin or tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Using a “muddling” stick or small wooden spoon, mash strawberries, jalapeño and lime in a cocktail shaker until the berries are broken down. Add liquor, Grand Marnier and agave (or simple syrup). Fill the shaker with ice; shake well. Taste and add more jalapeño and/or agave, if desired. Strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a strawberry and a jalapeño slice.
Per serving: 193 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2013