Strawberry Chile Martini
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This beautiful strawberry martini cocktail recipe is an irresistible combination of sweet and spicy. Strawberries vary in sweetness and jalapeño chiles vary in heat, so once you’ve made this cocktail, take a sip and adjust to your taste.
- 6 ripe strawberries, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 2 slices fresh jalapeño, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 ounces vodka, gin or tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Using a “muddling” stick or small wooden spoon, mash strawberries, jalapeño and lime in a cocktail shaker until the berries are broken down. Add liquor, Grand Marnier and agave (or simple syrup). Fill the shaker with ice; shake well. Taste and add more jalapeño and/or agave, if desired. Strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a strawberry and a jalapeño slice.
Per serving: 193 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (43% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2013