From EatingWell: March/April 1994
This refreshing ice has all the flavors of a margarita. Whirling frozen fruits in a food processor is one of our favorite tricks for an instant dessert.
- 12 ounces frozen whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup superfine (instant-dissolving) sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec liqueur
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Stir together lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec in a small bowl. With machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Scoop the mixture into chilled individual serving dishes or goblets, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up slightly before serving.
Per serving: 160 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 145 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (66% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1994