From EatingWell: March/April 1994
This refreshing ice has all the flavors of a margarita. Whirling frozen fruits in a food processor is one of our favorite tricks for an instant dessert.
- 12 ounces frozen whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup superfine (instant-dissolving) sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec liqueur
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Stir together lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec in a small bowl. With machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Scoop the mixture into chilled individual serving dishes or goblets, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up slightly before serving.
Per serving: 160 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 145 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (66% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1994