From EatingWell: March/April 1994
This refreshing ice has all the flavors of a margarita. Whirling frozen fruits in a food processor is one of our favorite tricks for an instant dessert.
- 12 ounces frozen whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup superfine (instant-dissolving) sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec liqueur
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Stir together lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec in a small bowl. With machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Scoop the mixture into chilled individual serving dishes or goblets, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up slightly before serving.
Per serving: 160 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 145 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (66% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 1994