From EatingWell: March/April 1994
This refreshing ice has all the flavors of a margarita. Whirling frozen fruits in a food processor is one of our favorite tricks for an instant dessert.
- 12 ounces frozen whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup superfine (instant-dissolving) sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec liqueur
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Stir together lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec in a small bowl. With machine running, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Scoop the mixture into chilled individual serving dishes or goblets, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up slightly before serving.
Per serving: 160 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 145 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (66% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1994