Strawberry-Mango Margarita Compote
Mangoes and strawberries make a magical marriage. Splashes of tequila, Triple Sec and lime add a subtle kick to the mix. For a nonalcoholic or kid-friendly version, substitute fresh orange juice for the tequila and Triple Sec.
- 2 cups halved or quartered hulled strawberries
- 2 cups diced mango, (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Triple Sec, or other orange liqueur
- Place strawberries, mango, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors to meld. If desired, serve in margarita glasses: rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in sugar, then spoon in compote.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 134 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit