Strawberry-Mango Margarita Compote
Mangoes and strawberries make a magical marriage. Splashes of tequila, Triple Sec and lime add a subtle kick to the mix. For a nonalcoholic or kid-friendly version, substitute fresh orange juice for the tequila and Triple Sec.
- 2 cups halved or quartered hulled strawberries
- 2 cups diced mango, (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Triple Sec, or other orange liqueur
- Place strawberries, mango, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors to meld. If desired, serve in margarita glasses: rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in sugar, then spoon in compote.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 134 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation