Strawberry-Mango Margarita Compote
Mangoes and strawberries make a magical marriage. Splashes of tequila, Triple Sec and lime add a subtle kick to the mix. For a nonalcoholic or kid-friendly version, substitute fresh orange juice for the tequila and Triple Sec.
- 2 cups halved or quartered hulled strawberries
- 2 cups diced mango, (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Triple Sec, or other orange liqueur
- Place strawberries, mango, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors to meld. If desired, serve in margarita glasses: rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in sugar, then spoon in compote.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 134 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit