Strawberry Ice Cream
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
This strawberry ice cream harbors a hint of tangy orange.
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur, (optional)
- Puree strawberries with orange juice in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix with a whisk until as smooth as possible. (The mixture will be a little lumpy; lumps will break down during stir-freezing.) Add milk and orange liqueur, if using, and mix well. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Per serving: 124 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (75% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1994