Strawberry Ice Cream
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
This strawberry ice cream harbors a hint of tangy orange.
- 1 1/2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur, (optional)
- Puree strawberries with orange juice in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix with a whisk until as smooth as possible. (The mixture will be a little lumpy; lumps will break down during stir-freezing.) Add milk and orange liqueur, if using, and mix well. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Per serving: 124 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (75% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1994