From EatingWell: June/July 2005
A batch of this good-for-you refresher turns a lazy summer afternoon into a party, with appeal for thirsty kids of all ages.
- 2 cups chilled orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chilled ginger ale
- Combine orange juice, strawberries and sugar in a blender; blend until the berries are pureed.
- Place the berry puree in a large pitcher. Add ginger ale; stir to combine. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Add ginger ale just before serving.
Per serving: 116 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 332 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (156% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- June/July 2005