From EatingWell: June/July 2005
A batch of this good-for-you refresher turns a lazy summer afternoon into a party, with appeal for thirsty kids of all ages.
- 2 cups chilled orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chilled ginger ale
- Combine orange juice, strawberries and sugar in a blender; blend until the berries are pureed.
- Place the berry puree in a large pitcher. Add ginger ale; stir to combine. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Add ginger ale just before serving.
Per serving: 116 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 332 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (156% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- June/July 2005