Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbet
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
Give sweet frozen strawberries and tangy buttermilk a whirl in your food processor in this practically instant sherbet.
- 4 cups IQF (individually quick-frozen) unsweetened strawberries, (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar, preferably superfine
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Stir together buttermilk and lemon juice in a measuring cup and, with the machine running, pour through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the work bowl once or twice.
Per serving: 150 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 36 mg sodium; 51 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)