Strawberry & Blue Cheese Bruschetta
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
In this healthy bruschetta recipe, the big, bold, salty, tangy flavor of blue cheese makes an unexpected but utterly delicious match with sweet juicy strawberries. This bruschetta recipe makes a quick, easy appetizer and is so pretty topped with chopped green chives.
- 12 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons water, if needed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 slices whole-grain baguette (1/4 inch thick), warmed or toasted
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl and let stand while you make the cheese spread.
- Combine cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl using a fork. Add water, if necessary, for a thick but spreadable consistency. Stir in 1 tablespoon chives and pepper.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each piece of baguette. Top with the sliced berries. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives, if desired.
Per piece: 66 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 139 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- May/June 2013