Strawberry & Blue Cheese Bruschetta
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
In this healthy bruschetta recipe, the big, bold, salty, tangy flavor of blue cheese makes an unexpected but utterly delicious match with sweet juicy strawberries. This bruschetta recipe makes a quick, easy appetizer and is so pretty topped with chopped green chives.
- 12 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons water, if needed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 slices whole-grain baguette (1/4 inch thick), warmed or toasted
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl and let stand while you make the cheese spread.
- Combine cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl using a fork. Add water, if necessary, for a thick but spreadable consistency. Stir in 1 tablespoon chives and pepper.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each piece of baguette. Top with the sliced berries. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives, if desired.
Per piece: 66 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 139 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- May/June 2013