Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Pops
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Turn a strawberry-banana smoothie, or your favorite blended concoction, into freezer pops for a cool treat.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail or pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place strawberries, banana, yogurt, juice and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among six 4-ounce freezer-pop molds. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: six 4-ounce freezer pop molds (see Tip)
- Tip: If you don’t have your freezer pop molds, divide the smoothie among small paper or plastic cups instead. Freeze until very thick, but not completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Insert frozen-treat sticks and continue freezing until completely firm, 4 to 5 hours more.
Per serving: 92 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2011