Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Pops
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Turn a strawberry-banana smoothie, or your favorite blended concoction, into freezer pops for a cool treat.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail or pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place strawberries, banana, yogurt, juice and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide among six 4-ounce freezer-pop molds. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: six 4-ounce freezer pop molds (see Tip)
- Tip: If you don’t have your freezer pop molds, divide the smoothie among small paper or plastic cups instead. Freeze until very thick, but not completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Insert frozen-treat sticks and continue freezing until completely firm, 4 to 5 hours more.
Per serving: 92 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 21 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 2011