I've had this dessert for the last three nights. My husband and I absolutely love it. I did add a little sugar to the ricotta to sweeten it up a bit (tsp) and used less honey on my strawberries. Also went a little lighter on the vanilla. It tastes like a cake filling.
Vanilla Strawberries with Lemon Ricotta
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Simple and perfect, this strawberry-and-ricotta dessert recipe dresses up the basic combination of strawberries and ricotta just a bit, but it’s still quite unadorned, so make it when you have great strawberries. Part-skim ricotta is used to keep calories and saturated fat in check in this easy dessert, but for a real indulgence try it with whole-milk ricotta.
3 Reviews for Vanilla Strawberries with Lemon Ricotta
I used vanilla bean rather than extract and It was good. Perhaps this recipe really doesn't work well with extract.
This was horrible! I don't know if my berries were too ripe, or my vanilla was too much on the alcohol side, but the syrup smelled and tasted like cough syrup. I took one bite dumped it out - my husband ate his, though I'm not sure how. Would love to see some other reviews to see if I just goofed it up.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)